What Is HomeGuard?
HomeGuard, a Precision Termite Management system is a single layer extruded polymer sheet product that is homogeneously impregnated with Biflex (Bifenthrin) termiticide. It is installed in the foundations of new buildings or extensions to provide constant protection, which prevents concealed entry of subterranean termites. The HomeGuard product range is manufactured from polymer basedproducts and incorporates FMC's leading liquid subterranean termite barrier Biflex. Biflex a leading termiticide, has protected over one million homes in Australia since its launch in 1995.
The HomeGuard range is suitable for a wide range of building designs and includes:
• Various purpose-designed polymer sheeting - for underlay of slab and retaining walls (TMB) and perimeter wall cavity sheets (PB & DPC)
• A granular barrier (GT) for subterranean termite proofing voids
• Plastic collars for use in slab to protect service penetrations
• Protectacote, a paint-like product
How Does HomeGuard Work?
HomeGuard utilises the proven power of Biflex which is incorporated into its plastic matrix. Biflex is a synthetic pyrethroid modelled on Mother Nature's very effective insecticide pyrethrum, which is extracted from the pyrethrum daisy. HomeGuard REPELS, KILLS and BLOCKS foraging subterranean termites, providing ongoing protection to your client's building.
How Long Will HomeGuard Last?
The HomeGuard range of products are made from high quality, UV stabilised polymers, designed to handle the rigours of construction and to provide an effective subterranean termite management system for the life of the structure.
Is HomeGaurd Safe For The Environment?
• HomeGuard is completely non-invasive and environmentally friendly.
• HomeGuard's termiticide component Biflex is highly stable and insoluble in water. HomeGuard can be safely installed in a range of building situations .
• Unlike other products, HomeGuard is non-irritating to installers and construction workers on the building site.
How Is HomeGuard Installed?
• HomeGuard is installed during construction and sealed permanently to the foundations of the building, eg. under/in slab and in the perimeter wall cavity.
• Installing HomeGuard is safe and easy. The material will not cut or sensitise, is lightweight, odourless and non-allergenic.
• All products must be installed by an FMC HomeGuard Accredited Operator.
What Makes HomeGuard A Cost Effective Choice?
• HomeGuard is a single-installation product and the installation fits seamlessly within the construction process.
• Our construction partners save time (and their clients' money) as a result.
• In many cases, HomeGuard sheeting serves a dual purpose both as a subterranean termite barrier and as a BCA compliant moisture barrier, thereby reducing cost.
• A HomeGuard barrier offers the Homeowner total peace of mind because it is backed by the FMC Million Dollar, 50 year manufacturer's warranty.
HomeGuard Acredited Operators
Only FMC HomeGuard Accredited Operators can arrange the FMC Million Dollar, 50 year Warranty. This warranty is issued by FMC when HomeGuard products have been installed to meet the recommendations of all relevant BCA standards, registered label instructions and the HomeGuard installation manual.